Cannon Beach RFPD is a special district. Important to understand: Special Districts are not City-run or City-funded, but closely partner with them. CBRFPD covers Cannon Beach, Ecola State Park, Ocean Shore, Arch Cape, and Falcon Cove. There are five positions to the Board of Directors, each serving four years. To be eligible to serve as a Board of Director, petitioners must be a registered voter and reside or own property within the District boundary during the one year immediately preceding appointment. District Firefighters (volunteers or otherwise) and other District employees cannot serve as a Board of Director. Term years run from July 1 through June 30. Current board members are listed below.
Term Expires: 06/30/2023
Bob lives in Arch Cape.
-Serving as President in the absence of the President with all the Powers and duties as described in the President duties. The Vice President shall have such other powers and duties as a majority of the Board may determine.
-Assuming the position of President in the event of resignation or death of the President.
-Serving on such committees and/or as representative as appointed by the Board President.
Term Expires: 06/17/2023
Term: Expires 06/30/2021
PO Box 152, Cannon Beach, Oregon 97110
- The President shall perform all duties prescribed by the ORS.
- Consults with the Fire Chief regarding the preparation of each Board meeting agenda.
- Participating, along with the Board members, with all the rights of a member to discuss issues and to vote.
- Calling Special Meetings (study sessions, executive sessions, and/or additional regular sessions) of the Board as described by Oregon Public Meetings Law.
- Signing official District documents on behalf of the Board when authorized by the Board.
- Making appointments as may be required by law and/or for the orderly representation of the Board.
Term Expires: 06/30/2021
PO Box 1266, Cannon Beach, Oregon 97110
- Ensuring accurate minutes of each Board meeting are taken, transcribed, and distributed. These duties may be delegated to staff members under the supervision of the Secretary-Treasurer.
- Ensuring accurate accounting and financial record are maintained by the District.
- Serving on such committees and/or as representative as appointed by the Board President.
Term Expires: 07/17/2023