Knox Box Program
Maintaining keys to alarmed buildings, residences have become unmanageable and is causing delays when responding to emergencies.
In order to access buildings quickly, minimize forced entry damage, and protect firefighters from injury, the Cannon Beach Fire & Rescue has adopted the Knox-Box Rapid Entry System. Currently, More than seven thousand fire departments and the communities they protect enjoy the benefits of this proven system.
Knox-Boxes are constructed of ¼” solid steel with a ½” steel door and reinforced locking mechanism. They are UL listed against physical attack and Medeco security lock is patented and UL listed for drill, pick and pull resistance.
The master key to open the Knox-Box is held ONLY by the Cannon Beach Fire & Rescue. This high security key is strictly controlled and is produced only by the Medeco factory under direction from an authorized fire official’s signature.
Knox-Boxes are specified by the Cannon Beach Fire District but are purchased directly from the Knox Company. Once installed near the entrance to your property, the fire company locks your building entrance key inside the Knox-Box so that it is available onsite for future emergencies.
If you have any further questions feel free to call the Knox Company at 800-552-5669 or you can visit the Knox website at www.knoxbox.com.
Ten Reasons to Install a Knox Box System on Your Home or Business.
1. Eliminate needless, costly forced entry damage that may not be covered by your insurance deductible.
2. Assure immediate building entry by firefighters without delay or waiting for building keys.
3. Protect inventory, equipment and supplies from unnecessary water damage caused by delayed sprinkler shut-off.
4. Satisfy any local fire codes and emergency access ordinances that may be in place.
5. Save time and aggravation by not having to drive to your establishment at 2:00am for a false alarm.
6. Feel secure about emergency coverage when your building/residence is left unattended. The Cannon Beach Fire Department holds the only key to the Knox-Box.
7. Maintain building security after a fire alarm investigation by simply re-locking the undamaged door.
8. Protect your property from thousands of dollars in damage with this one-time, low cost investment.
9. Depend on the highest lock box security available with attack resistant, UL tested reliability.
10. Over the last 27 years Knox-Box has been the chosen solution in 7,000 communities nationwide– communities just like ours!