The Cannon Beach Rural Fire Protection District was formed in 1947 to protect the citizens of the Cannon Beach area from the threat of fire. As the area grew, so did the need for more space and equipment. A second station was built in Arch Cape and in 1996, the original station (located downtown) was replaced with the current station at 188 East Sunset. The original mission of the volunteers was to extinguish fires; however, it soon became apparent that there were other demands for service. In the 1950’s search and rescue was formed, and in the 1970’s Emergency Medical Services. Soon after high angle rescue and surf rescue joined the list of provided services.
Today Cannon Beach Fire District personnel provide firefighting and EMS services to the Northwest Oregon coastal communities of Cannon Beach, Arch Cape, and Falcon Cove. With a population of 2,500 and 750,000 to 1,000,000 tourist visiting annually, Cannon Beach is committed to providing trained and knowledgeable personnel prepared to respond to the growing community and tourism needs. We strive to continually improve our organization through the use of innovation, allowing us to provide the highest level of service possible to those in need.