Our program welcomes all those who are interested in helping to serve the community, but unsure if they have the time to commit to all the initial training.
DO YOU QUALIFY?
- Are you over the age of 18? (Or will you be by the time the academy starts?)
- Do you have a valid Oregon Drivers License with a good driving record (Or can you obtain an Oregon License?)
- Are you physically fit or willing to improve? Can you pass our physical agility test?
- Do you have a HS Diploma, GED, or equivalent?
- Are you able to become DPSST certified?
- If you said YES to all of these, please read on!
WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU?
We offer and welcome those who are interested in providing medical care to fellow community members, but not sure if they possess the ability be a certified firefighter.
- Our program allows people to immediately begin serving their community by running emergency medical calls after a short orientation training.
- We provide CPR/ First-Aid training, Emergency Medical Response training, and EMT training.
- The training provides a blended (on-line and hands-on) self-paced firefighter 1 training program that allows those interested to gain their NFPA firefighter 1 certificate (at a minimum) at their own pace.
- You'll have the opportunity to be part of our technical rescue teams (rope rescue, trail rescue, and surf rescue).
CAN YOU COMMIT
- Can respond to 10% of calls each year?
- Can you complete a minimum 60 hours of training each year?
- Can you attend special events or the occasional mandatory drill with advance notice? (OSHA)
- If you answered YES to all of these, please read on!
ARE YOU READY?
If you answered YES to the questions above, and want to learn more about volunteering, please fill out the interest form below and our recruitment coordinator will contact you.
Key Steps in the program:
- Submit a letter of interest
- Schedule and start attending a drill night (every Wednesday night at 1900hrs) and meet the firefighters, get to know us!
- Complete an application packet and an interview.
- Begin the on-boarding process (medical, drug screen, background, etc.…)
- Attend an orientation training and obtain your CPR and First-Aid certification.
- Respond to medical emergencies, or other emergencies as approved.
- Complete your EMR and/or EMT training.
- Complete your blended (on-line and hands-on) self-paced firefighter 1 training.
- We provide technical rescue training, and further career advancement trainingProspective Volunteer Firefighter Handbook.pdf
If you are ready to begin your journey of becoming a firefighter, download the application below,Step 1-Volunteer Application(Fillable).pdf
FILL IN THE INTEREST FORM AND WE'LL CONTACT YOU!