About our Chaplain
Kevin Craig is a full-time resident of Cannon Beach and the Director of Retreats and Operations at Cannon Beach Conference Center.
He completed 38 hours of training under the Federation of Fire Chaplains. He also is a member of the Federation of Fire Chaplains.
Kevin has been a tremendous attribute to our organization and fire family. He also started working with other neighboring agencies in times of need. He has taken his role as a Fire Chaplain very seriously and developed the program. He hangs out at drill, events, and fundraisers. We are extremely thankful and lucky to have such an amazing person with us.
The Role of Fire Chaplains
Fire Chaplains help Firefighters and their families in times of crisis and to simply be available when called upon. He may perform support operations relating to counseling, consultation, guidance, comfort assistance and CISM (Critical Incident Stress Management) for all Fire District personnel and their families. It Requires a high degree of independent decision making both in emergency and non-emergency situations.
The 3-day class included the following topics:
- First Responder Personalities & Public Safety Assistance Network.
- First Responder Chaplaincy
- The Law Enforcement Family
- Stress Management
- Physiology of Trauma
- Beginning a Fire Chaplaincy & Personhood of a Fire chaplain
- Fire Chaplain Ministry to Firefighters
- Fire Chaplain Operations
- Confidentiality & Legal Liability
- Trauma Intervention Program
- Sensitivity & Diversity
- Crash & Burn
- Suicide Prevention & Intervention
- Responding to a Crisis
- Ride-A-Long Procedures
- Officer Involved Shooting
- Substance Abuse
- Ceremonies & Events
- First Responder Death & Injury
- Chaplaincy & Faith