Cannon Beach Station
The new Cannon Beach main station was built in 1996 by Zink Commercial and designed by architect, Hans Etlin. The station is approximately 9,000 square feet and cost $1.3 million and was built by funds from a 1994, $1.7 million bond issue approved by over 60% of District voters. The bond issue also provided for two new apparatus: 1995 Pierce Saber, 1500 gpm pumper. The new station was designed to meet Zone 4 earthquake criteria.
The building is located above the tsunami inundation zone, one of the reasons the property was selected for building. The old downtown station was in a flood plain and was not constructed with the stringent, new earthquake standards.
Arch Cape Station
Arch Cape’s original station was built in 1966, funded by the Arch Cape Community Club.
The station was remodeled with District funds in 1982 and has approximately 3,000 square feet. It houses a pumper and rescue/ambulance. The station has a living quarters that includes a kitchen and meeting area. The building is used by the community for monthly water and sanitary district board meetings.
The current Arch Cape Station was built in 2014. The station has a community room/training room, kitchen, 3 Apparatus Bays, and a training maze.